Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Beachside Recovery Center
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Chris Singleton
Date of Submission:
- April 21, 2016
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Chris Singleton filed a DMCA, stating that one of the reviews he posted on lifehealthmax.com (now removed), was copy-pasted on RipoffReport.com.
Now, we did another report on a fake DMCA filed by Beachside Recovery Center LLC. That didn’t go well, since we figured out how a lawfirm fooled a court and a judge into planting a defendant and creating a scenario where a court order was issued. We were later contact by a Christopher Patterson requesting us to remove his ‘comment’ which was deemed illegal by the court. We later found out that the Webactivism URL was also included in the court order based on the very same court order.
Smart? Not so, since they got caught.
Now this another ‘Chris’ used another fake DMCA to suppress negative review against Beachside Recovery, and it is not going to go well. The judge has been informed and we’ll be taking further action against this recovery center.
We’ll also contact lifehealthmax.com which took down the entire web page on Beachside Recovery Center LLC very soon.
Regarding this fake DMCA, the review at RipoffReport.com on 22nd April 2016, while the Google DMCA was filed on the very same day. Too much of a coincidence.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
It is the same old story. A firm has a negative review at Ripoff Report. It ranks high on Google and hurts their reputation as well as business.
Here’s is what this review quotes –
The Beachside Recovery Center LLC – Irvine /Orange County, California – This program is among the shadier dirty business working in the drug rehab world and has had many complaints lodged against it’s owner, Adam, senior management members ; Eric, Paul, Jackie, C. Martinez and their practices. The currently have multiple criminal and civil court cases pending including residential treatment center code violations due to their own relapse on crack-cocaine, though they continued to operate the facility while under the influence.
There have been an untold number of complaints against Adam and his team for improper use of patient’s payments in which services promised were not rendered. Please be aware that this is not representative of some of the finer drug rehabs industry wide. We urge you to conduct your due diligence prior to sending a referral to this scammers!
And Beachside Recovery Center LLC did no good by trying a fraudulent method to confront these allegations. Now, we’re not so sure these allegations are fake.
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
In case you are one of the ‘beneficiaries’ listed in this report and are wondering what really happened, we suggest you look within. If it wasn’t you, or your associates, it is definitely the ‘Reputation’ or ‘SEO’ firm you have hired in the past. Perhaps even your law firm. So, instead of blaming us for this article, you must grill your Reputation/SEO firm and look for answers. We are merely publishing the facts available on public database and have nothing against you personally. It is more than likely that the service you hired indulged in criminal methods to deliver results for you.
Meanwhile, we are awaiting more information from Ripoffreport.com to ascertain who was behind this fake DMCA. We’ll update this page once we have more information. If you have any information to add to this investigation, get in touch with us at [email protected]
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.