Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- aReputation dba Appin Technology Lab
Fake Link/Website Used:
- avon advertising, The Register, Grievance Redressal
Date of Submission:
- July 2, 2014 , July 14, 2014 , September 21, 2014
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
We have knowledge that a group of shady lawyers in USA and UK are working in tandem with cyber criminals disguising themselves as Online Reputation Firm in offshore locations such as India, Philippines, and Russia to provide ‘services’ to their esteemed clientele. We already have the names and circumstantial evidence that can prove our claim, but in theory only.
Several investigative journalists tell us that they require documentary evidence, a money trail, IP address and correspondence to be able to nail some of the big guns.
aReputation is critical to our investigation. It is one of the 3 Reputation Firms we’re investigating, and the one most involved in many of our investigations. The company is owned by Anuj Khare and Rajat Khare, and registered in United Kingdon (71-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden London WC2H 9JQ) and in India (E-146, Ashok Vihar, Phase-I,, Delhi, 110052, Delhi, India).
Let us examine areputation.in and areputation.co.uk closely –
WHOIS record for areputation.co.uk lists Oscar Pistorius as the Registrant. We’re not kidding !!
We don’t even need to examine the address to know that it’s fake.
|WHOIS record for areputation.in leads us to [email protected] and an incomplete address in Delhi (India). The aforesaid email is part of our investigation in several other cases recently.|
Several online reviews (presumably by ex-employees) reveals startling facts –
Review 1 on Ripoffreport
“they use their proprietary methods to remove links from other website but reality is so simple they hack website then they remove contents/links from other website, which is completely illegal. For rest they use their so-called burial way which is SEO. they claim they have HQ in London but i personally checked in my visit ther they don’t have any single office of footprints there. they are just fooling international customers by taking the names of big companies as their clients like- Sahara group, Reliance, Adani Group, TATA & so on.”
- aReputation are the people who filed the fake DMCA against Webactivism in 2015 – as explained at https://webactivism.com/fake-dmca-reports-fake-websites-impersonation-perjury-reputation-management-firms-turn-to-crime/ .
- aReputation is also responsible for all crimes and perjury committed using the following websites –
- aReputation is also responsible for fraud and filing fake DMCAs for the following clients against whom we will publish investigation reports at a later stage
- They are coordinating these crimes with at least 2 other partners in USA, which may be a major Reputation or PR firm outsourcing their orders or even worse, a Law Firm.
- We have with us a series of communication logs and are currently examining the authenticity of these anonymous tips we have received from a whistle-blower. We’ll update this investigation report pretty soon.
- Our volunteers also took control of the serial offender website www.bravejournal.in , and all the emails and social accounts affiliated with it. We’re currently reverse-engg it to identify the trail.
- We have also identified ‘jenethan andersan‘ responsible for sending 6 fraudulent DMCAs –
- https://lumendatabase.org/notices/697843 trying to take down a link for ‘Jack Warner – disgraced FIFA official‘
- https://lumendatabase.org/notices/963178 trying to taken down another link for ‘Jack Warner’ at Caribbeanintelligence‘
- https://lumendatabase.org/notices/11434711 clearing affiliating with BraveJournal.in
- https://lumendatabase.org/notices/11420398 removing an article from http://nematsadat.blogspot.com/
- https://lumendatabase.org/notices/12583376 removing a review for ‘Cool Air USA’
- BraveJournal.in was involved in several other fraudulent DMCA reports, most notably to remove content for –
Let’s analyze the last DMCA report mentioned – https://lumendatabase.org/notices/11045507 . This DMCA was filed by jenethan andersan, stating that armando.info stole their content. To sound convincing, they used social media as a tool and we came across this – https://twitter.com/JenethanAnders .
These are some of the tweets they sent –
This is the same ‘Jenethan Andersan’ who filed several other fake copyright claims –
Webactivism now has full control over that Twitter account, as well as the domain/website and email accounts for BraveJournal.in. We are in possession of several key details and identities of the people behind this.
So how is Bravejournal.in connected to aReputation ?
Here are the names and identities of some of the employees and ex-employees of aReputation.in directly linked with dozens of fake DMCA notices –
- Shrikant Mathur
- Sandeep Kumar Upadhyay
There are several other names we know but are not mentioning since active investigations are going on. We will soon update this article in a week once we collect and examine all the evidence we receive from hosting companies, blog hosts, previous domain name owners and other parties involved.
For now, we are contacting the victims of this scam and asking them to restore the links, and well as publish their thoughts about this scam.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
A reputation firm having negative reviews posted against themselves could be a deal-breaker if they are not seen to be in control. Good reputation firms use legitimate methods, but not aReputation. They are as crooked as they come, and they publish this with great pride on their website –
aReputation has been accused of several unethical practices and news of this in public would hurt their online business which is already hurting due to lack of appropriate technology and expertise. A look at some of the other complaints we could find reveals that aReputation is neck-deep in cyber crimes and fraud in order to keep afloat.
EDITOR’S COMMENT : For those who might ask – ‘why and how do we interject that ‘aReputation’ has something to do with this fake DMCA. Couldn’t it be a coincidence ?’, we will say this – When someone goes and creates a whole new fake news site, falsifies his/her identity and submits fake DMCA to try and de-list some very targeted content on Google, it signals intent and a plan. It is obvious that ‘aReputation’ or someone they hired was directly involved in this crime. aReputation also cannot plead ignorance in this matter, since this notice on Google search is hard to miss, really.
We are awaiting more information from aReputation. We’re giving them an opportunity to explain what has happened, and to provide us answers to questions we’ve put forward. We’ll update this page once we have more information. If you have any information to add to this investigation, get in touch with us at [email protected]
Shrikant Mathus brings the Latest News & Top Breaking headlines on Fake DMCA, Cyber Crime, Fraud and Scams in Online Businesses all around the world.